Like almost all products, it’s now possible to purchase trusses produced either at home or abroad—and, as with most products, a fierce debate rages on whether it’s better to invest in a domestically produced or foreign manufactured truss.
Trusses are used for a number of applications; the most common types of trusses are used in the entertainment industry to hold lights, rigging and more. In Hollywood, it’s extremely important for both professional and independent movie studios to have a range of high-quality trusses that are safe and aesthetically pleasing.
If you’re looking for a truss manufacturer in Los Angeles, CA, it’s important to understand the benefits and drawbacks associated with investing in both foreign and domestically produced trusses. Ultimately, you should choose the truss that best meets the needs of your entertainment company or organization.
Pros of domestic products
Here are just some of the benefits associated with using domestically produced trusses:
- Higher quality: There’s no way to deny it: products in the U.S. are often produced to a higher caliber than most foreign products. When you invest in a domestically produced truss, you can rest easy knowing that you’re buying a high-quality tool that will serve your operation well.
- Customization: It’s possible to order a customized truss designed specially to suit your needs when you’re working with a local fabricator or manufacturer. This means that you won’t have to change your desired stage setup or set design to work with whatever truss happens to be available.
- Face-to-face interaction: When you’re working with a local fabricator, you’ll have the chance to sit down and explain your needs face to face. This will ensure that you receive the highest possible quality truss that is guaranteed to meet your specific needs.
Benefits of imported products
And here are some of the reasons you may want to consider investing in a truss manufactured overseas:
- Alternative materials: Most U.S. truss fabricators work with aluminum. When you purchase an imported truss, however, you may be able to invest in a truss manufactured using another material, like stainless steel.
- Lower costs: Imported trusses are often mass-produced, which means that they incur lower labor, design and material costs. Because of this, imported trusses are frequently cheaper than customized domestically produced trusses.
- Increased volume: If you need to purchase lots of trusses for different sets or multiple stage setups, you should strongly consider investing in imported trusses. You can purchase multiple imported trusses that meet a variety of needs at once, without waiting for fabrication.
Kordz, Inc. is the premier truss manufacturer in Los Angeles, CA. We are proud to be one of the region’s most trusted providers of both custom trusses, made in our local shop, and imported prefabricated trusses. Regardless of your company or organization’s needs, we can help you use trusses to create a truly memorable stage-based experience.
To learn more about our extensive truss offerings, and to find out how our custom designed trusses may help you meet your needs, contact one of our friendly representatives today! We’re here to help you make the most of your stage.
Categorised in: Truss System