There are a number of different trusses used in applications throughout the entertainment industry. Whether you operate a DJ stage, a movie set or a church auditorium, it’s important to use a truss and rigging system that keeps your environment well-lit, safe and enjoyable. By investing in the right kind of truss, you can provide a truly memorable entertainment experience.
The type of truss you choose to install in your space is largely determined by the size and shape of your space, as well as your needs and the truss’s ultimate application. It can be challenging to find the truss that’s best suited for you, which is why it’s a good idea to consult with a truss fabricator and learn about the possibilities of investing in a custom truss in Los Angeles, CA.
Common truss sizes and shapes
There are a number of common truss sizes. Most trusses are either one foot, five feet, eight feet or 10 feet in length. It’s possible, however, to have much larger trusses made, depending on your needs. To identify the largest possible truss suitable for your space and application, it’s advisable to sit down with an expert specializing in custom truss manufacturing.
There are also a number of common truss shapes. The shape of the truss that you decide to use, like its size, will ultimately depend on the application you’re planning on using your truss for. Here are just a few of the most common types of truss shapes available:
- Triangle trusses: Probably the most common type of truss used in the entertainment industry, triangle trusses are reliable, affordable and versatile. Triangle trusses are manufactured using several different types of metals, and are often powder-coated.
- Box trusses: Box trusses are another popular type of truss common in the entertainment world. Box trusses allow companies to hang several different types of lighting and sound equipment from the truss without throwing the truss out of balance.
- Space savers: Space savers are slightly condensed triangle trusses. They offer stability and safety in even the most cramped spaces. Space-saving trusses are ideal if you’re working with a small stage or venue.
- Circular trusses: If your stage or set is an unconventional shape, or if you need to ensure that the lighting is spread evenly around, you may want to invest in a circular or oval truss.
- Ladder trusses: Ideal for connecting existing trusses or hanging items from walls or support beams, ladder trusses are especially useful at churches and live music events. Ladder trusses are often used to create stage grids.
- Diamond trusses: Diamond trusses are easily the safest and most reliable type of truss used for hanging video screens and other large, heavy objects over a stage. Diamond trusses equalize pressure and weight.
If you’re looking for a high-quality custom truss in Los Angeles, CA, look no further than Kordz, Inc. We are proud to provide each and every one of our customers with large-scale custom fabricated trusses that meet their individual needs.
Categorised in: Truss