Ballast systems are an essential component to any stage system or truss setup, but a lot of the options out there simply don’t offer the kind of functionality or aesthetic appeal that you’re likely looking for. Smart blocks are a streamlined, intuitive alternative to concrete anchors or water barrels. These truss accessories in Los Angeles, CA can stabilize truss systems without inhibiting proper wiring or distracting from the look of your stage. If you’re interested in investing in smart blocks for your stage truss, it’s important to consider a few key factors to help you choose the right option for you:
- Weight: One of the primary factors that you have to consider when you’re selecting smart blocks is how much weight you need. Depending on the size and configuration of your truss system, your weight needs will vary, and you need to choose smart blocks that are suitable for your specific needs. The smallest smart blocks are typically around 500 pounds, while larger smart blocks are typically 3,500 pounds or more.
- Size: In addition to the weight of your smart blocks, you also have to consider the size and footprint of these blocks. To get the most effective anchoring and stabilization possible, you should consult with a staging engineer or technician who can provide you with recommendations to help you select the right truss accessories in Los Angeles, CA for your specific needs.
- Connections: Different smart blocks are equipped with different connections to make them compatible with various types of equipment and accessories. You should consider what kind of accessories and functionalities you need in order to use your smart blocks as effectively as possible.
- Versatility: Depending on how you’re planning on using your truss system and smart blocks, you might want the added versatility that some smart block options can offer. Mini smart blocks and small smart blocks are incredibly versatile and can be used with a wide variety of different staging configurations. You shouldn’t simply consider your immediate staging needs—you should also think ahead to your likely future staging configurations and select smart blocks that will accommodate various production setups.
- Accessories: There are a lot of different truss accessories in Los Angeles, CA that you can use with your smart blocks to make them even more functional and versatile. Some smart blocks are compatible with rigging arms and rolling casters so that you can move and position your trusses more easily. Depending on how many different connections you need for your truss system, you should consider smart blocks that have versatile connection points and provide plenty of connections for you to work with.
At Kordz, Inc., we know it’s not always easy to choose the perfect truss accessories in Los Angeles, CA, but our team is here to make the process as easy as possible for you. We specialize in providing high quality truss systems and accessories that are designed to meet the specific needs of our customers. Regardless of what you may be looking for, we have the perfect products for you. Come to our store today to find out more about what we have to offer!
Categorised in: Truss Accessories